Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Island Park weekend

I just returned from our cabin in Island Park Idaho where Dave and I spent five glorious days enjoying the crisp clean air and the beautiful nature all around us. I actually loved being there, especially after spending a few hours vacuuming the walls to get rid of cobwebs, and wood shavings from the wonderful carpenter ants, cleaning spots off the carpet, vacuuming up old mice poop and throwing away one glue board with a little mickey on it, making up the beds and putting everything in it's place. The place didn't even smell bad after we got through with it. We sat on the dock enjoying the sunshine and the total peace except for an annoying cow mooing once in awhile. We went hiking, watched movies, slept in, ate lots of good food, and enjoyed it when some of our children came to join us for a few days. We did have to take a break from "Heaven" and drive to Bountiful to attend Dave's aunts funeral, but we drove back to watch the BYU-Oklahoma game. Church in Island Park set records on Sunday with attendance. I think it even made the Deseret News on Monday. It was a wonderful testimony meeting. I was even able to hug a great friend from Idaho Falls who happened to be there. We came home on Monday after a leisure morning and a jump in Henry's Lake by yours truly. It was either jump in on my own or be thrown in by my son and son-in-law. They did take the opportunity to do a couple of cannon-balls that were too close for my own comfort. Will boys ever grow up? I guess I do have a history of starting trouble involving water. It was quite cold, and except for getting stabbed by some underwater barbed wire, quite refreshing. Now I get to find someone who wants to update my tetnus shot record. It is good to be home, but the laundry is a bit overwhelming today. Great times!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

you need to update your profile since you are going on 20 grandchildren suddenly! AND you didn't tell me about the underwater barbed wire or whoever you saw at church from IF.

Chelsea Nicole said...

Even though I didn't sleep over the cabin was so much fun! Thanks for coming for the game and seeing my parents... they loved it!

Love you

Aaron & Michelle said...

Glad you guys all had fun. You have always been the queen of water fights/pushing people in. Ha!!! Island Park is so refreshing and relaxing to be at though.